Monday, September 14, 2009

Meatless Monday Tangy Brown Noodles

I just realized it is Meatless Monday. I made one of my favorite quick dishes tonight. I love it even more because everyone likes it. That means no complaints from the peanut gallery wishing they could eat something else. My kids just love balsamic vinegar which gives the sauce its tang.

In this picture the noodles aren't my usual soba noodles, but spaghetti. I like to cut up a bunch of extra raw veggies for everyone to at least try. Cliff and I usually end up with the most greens, big surprise. I often add my sauteéd tofu. Look for the tofu recipe later.


Tangy Brown Noodles

1/3 cup tamari/soy sauce
2 tbsp molasses
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup agave
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup water

1. Start cooking your choice of noodles. Any will work: rice noodles, udon, soba, wheat free, etc.
2. While the noodles are cooking heat the tamari in a small sauce pan on medium heat. This cooks down the tamari and reduces the amount for about 5 minutes. Add the molasses and stir to combine.
3. In a blender combine the heated tamari, and the rest of the ingredients and blend.
4. Cut up what ever extra veggies you wish to add: green onions, bell pepper, salad greens, etc.

I usually serve up the noodles and let everyone pour on as much sauce as they want. Then you can go crazy adding all of the extra goodies.

Enjoy.

No comments: